Hey, are you up for a 10,000 daily steps challenge? – All I’m asking you to commit to is 5 days, that’s all.
If you’re like me and sometimes struggle to get in your recommended 10,00 daily steps then this 5-day challenge could be exactly what you need to give you a healthy habit kickstart boost.
10,000 daily steps every day for 5 days
It’s Sunday evening and it’s been the most beautiful day here in Lincolnshire.
I’ve been struggling to get my 10,000 steps. I know that when I’m struggling to achieve my goals I need to do something different. I don’t want to reduce the number of steps, so instead of saying I have to do 10,000 steps every day for life no matter what, I’m simply setting the goal and committing to 10,000 steps for the next 5 days.
Hopefully, that will be enough to kickstart this super healthy habit.
You can use a pedometer or there are loads of apps on your phone. I personally find the phone apps drain my phone quickly, but then my phone isn’t the best.
If you’re not already subscribed to my YouTube Channel, I’d love you to subscribe, I’m going to be recording my progress every day this week for the 5-day challenge and putting it all together at the end of the challenge.
Tips for getting in your 10,000 daily steps
- A few short walks are just as good as 1 long walk
- Take the stairs
- Get off your bus a couple of stops earlier
- Leave the car at home for very short journeys
- Peg the washing out instead of sticking it in the dryer. Take one or two items out at a time. You’ll be amazed at how many extra steps you use.
- Park your car in car parks as far away from the shop as possible. I used to park as close as possible. Again, these extra steps really do add up.
- When you’re at home and go upstairs for anything, go up and down the stairs another extra time
- Dancing around the kitchen steps count too.
- Playing chase in the garden or races with the kids really add up super fast and it’s fun.
- Walk when you’re on the phone.
Look for any excuse to get in those extra steps.
I know for me 2 half and hour walks ensure that I easily do my 10,000 daily steps, but some days fitting in 2 long walks doesn’t happen, so I need to get creative.
I’d love you to share what you’re doing to get up to your 10,000 steps.
Walking for weight loss
Okay, here’s my steps logic. 10,000 steps a day is what is recommended for maintaining good health. So the way I think of it is anything over 10,000 is weight loss (as long as the diet is healthy and balanced.)
Please, please join me on the 5-day challenge.
Watch out for my Daily Updates
Let me know in the comments below if you’re joining me, how you’re tracking your steps and any tips to get in your 10,000 daily steps.
Enjoy the challenge.
P.S. Make sure you keep drinking lots of water.