I can’t believe it’s already the middle of January and my health, fitness and weight loss plans came to a standstill before Christmas and I have to admit I haven’t yet picked them back up again in the New Year.
My son developed some health problems early on this month at the time when I was all geared up to get back into my normal eating and exercise routine. Everything seemed to go out the window and I was living on about 3-4 hours sleep most nights. It’s getting better now thankfully. I fell into my old habit of eating to stay awake even though I knew the foods I was choosing weren’t helping the situation at all.
So we’re slowly getting back to normal and I want to refocus on my health, fitness and weight loss goals for the year.
Sleep is a major factor for me, so although at the moment I don’t always have control over how much sleep I get, I can make sure I do my best to get enough sleep by making sure I get to bed a little earlier than normal.
My Health, fitness and weight loss action plan for January
- 5 big glasses of water (this will really help with my tiredness as well as keeping me fully hydrated)
- 5 or more mini exercise boosts (ideally I’d be aiming for 10+ but as I’m so tired at the moment, I’m setting my goal at 5+)
- Walk Indie at least 5 days. Indie’s not a huge fan of being outdoors in the cold weather, so he’s quite happy to have quick roams around in the back garden. Ideally, I’ll walk him daily, but I really feel at the moment I want to keep my goals small and build them up gradually.
- Plan my evening meals and prepare 3-4 healthy small snacks for mid morning, mid afternoon and evening.
- Ensure I get at least 5 fruit and/or veg daily.
Ditching the scales.
If you’ve taken my 30-day weight loss challenge you’ll know I’m not a fan of the scales. In the slim down for Christmas Challenge I opted for weekly weigh in’s and for me personally I didn’t find it helpful. So I’m going back to weighing myself every couple of months or so. I can tell if what I;m doing is effective by the way I feel and how my clothes feel on me.
I’d love to hear how the start to your new year has been and hear about your own health, fitness and weight loss goals.