Happy October. It’s definitely feeling like October weatherwise today. I think I’ll be putting the heating on today.
So, things went a bit off course over the summer months. I spent a long time staying with my mum after she had an operation and life was just all over the place. So my focus on improving my health and losing weight really went out of the window. I fell back into unhealthy eating habits and my weight crept up again.
It wasn’t great but it’s just what is. I’ve learned not to beat myself up when this happens. I show myself love and respect rather than throw harsh criticism at myself.
I feel I need some accountability again, so I thought I’d share my monthly goals with you all.
First off let’s look at how things went during September.
Eating – I definitely feel that I’ve been able to get back on track with healthier eating. I’m back to meal planning, this really makes a big difference for me.
- Key things I’ve done in September
- Meal planning – Flexible
- Watching portion sizes (Except when I went to my favourite restaurant)
- Weetabix or oats for breakfasts (avoid bread which tens to make me bloated) Mostly
Fitness – I’m going to be completely honest. Whilst I have walked more consistently, I have not been consistently reaching my 10,000 + daily steps most days.
I’ve been doing some of my mini exercise boosts which definitely helps. I try to do a few sets of wall push-ups as an absolute minimum throughout my workday. This helps with my overall posture.
What I struggled with in September
My son’s started college and has got really weird hours. 2 nights he gets home quite late and other days he’s eaten before he comes home. That’s kind of thrown the meal planning out a little. I really need to think a little differently about the kind of meals I’m preparing.
Health and Weight Loss Goals for October
- 6lb weight loss
- Drink 4 glasses of water daily (this really makes a difference to my weight loss)
- 10,000 plus daily steps at least 5 days per week (I’ve got my new activity tracker now)
- Jog the track (it takes me approximately 20 minutes to walk the pond track near my home, so I want to build up to job the whole distance)
- Prepare salad mix to last 3-4 days at a time
- Make a big pan of soup for week (use as snacks)
- Practice EFT for weight loss/health/feeling positive/reducing stress at least 5 times a week
- Listen to hypnosis downloads at least 5 days of the week
- Practice affirmations for health and weight loss throughout the day
I’ll let you know how I’m doing throughout the month on Facebook and Twitter. I’ll also share some of my meals if I think you’ll like them. I tend to eat the same things each week, so I won’t share every meal.
There are my health and weight loss goals for October. I’d love to hear what your goals are and remember, you’re not alone on this journey, comment below, join in with conversations on Facebook and twitter, let’s do this together.
Have a great month. Remember to be your own best friend.
P.S. If you’re not already signed up for my free weight loss challenge, go to WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE