Self-care is so important, especially when trying to lose weight or build healthier habits. Affirmations help to keep your thoughts positive and help to shift old limiting beliefs.
I’ve put together a collection of my favourite self-care affirmations and I’ve included pinnable images for each affirmation so that you can pin your favourites to your Pinterest boards.
1. I love and accept myself
This affirmation if powerful. Most of us who’ve ever struggled with weight issues are so good at pointing out what we don’t like about ourselves and our bodies, this is a powerful shift and an important one.
2. I cherish every part of my body
You know, it’s your body and your alone. It’s completely unique to you, cherish every single part of it even if you would like to change some bits.
3. I take great care of my body and mind
Sometimes when we’re busy doing life and we forget to take care of ourselves. This affirmation is a perfect reminder for you.
4. Every day I look in the mirror and say I LOVE YOU
Mirror work is incredibly powerful. Every time you see a mirror, say something nice to yourself, especially I love you.
How to use affirmations
Affirmations are simply positive statements that we can use to support us in creating what we want, building new beliefs and keeping your thoughts positive.
You can use affirmations in many different ways.
- Write them down
- Read them throughout the day
- Write them on post-it notes and place around your home and workplace where you’ll see them often.
- Use your phone to record your affirmations and then listen to them often.
- Create an affirmations board on Pinterest and build a collection of your favourite affirmations then take time regularly to look through them.
- Say them to yourself throughout the day
If you catch yourself thinking in a negative way, especially about yourself, practice your affirmations to stop the negative thought cycle.
Taking care of yourself
I remember years ago being told that I could only really care for others well if I first took care of myself. I was told this at a time when I was literally running myself into the ground. I was exhausted and miserable and definitely not taking care of myself at all.
Here are my top tips to take care of yourself
- Do things you enjoy often. Do them by yourself or with others, just make sure it’s really something you personally enjoy and you’re not always doing things for other people.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Focus on eating healthy (or at least healthier)
- Get physical – move your body often. It doesn’ have to be a specific exercise class, just find ways to get up and get moving regularly
- Take time to relax and chill out (OFTEN)
- Look after your skin – create a nice beauty routine that you really enjoy.
- Watch what you’re saying to yourself – We’re working on this today already with these affirmations
These are just a few things you can do to take care of yourself. A good way to add more self-care to your life is simply to keep asking yourself “How can I take care of myself more?”
So, those are my self-care tips and affirmations for today.
Thanks for joining me here on the blog for a little while today. Please let me know what you do to take care of yourself.
P.S. I’d love you to join me on the Facebook page
You may also want to check out my health and weight loss affirmations post.