Hi, I’m Wendy Tomlinson.
I struggled with my weight since around 2001. Finally in 2015 I decided things had to change. At the start of 2015 I was very close to 13 stone, in fact at one time I think I’d gone over 13 stone but had been too scared to get on the scales.
I felt unhealthy, unfit and my size 16 clothes were feeling very tight. At just 5 foot 2 any weight gain tends to be quite noticeable and for a decade and a half I’d been gradually putting on “Just a little more” weight.
Yes, I want to be lovely and slim. I want to fit into my nice size 12 clothes again, but I think more importantly I want to feel healthy and fitter.
Over the years, I’ve tried various diets, exercise routines, joined 4 Gyms that I can remember, bought various exercise equipment… I can go on, but I’m pretty sure you know where I’m going with this. I still kept gradually increasing my weight.
In 2009, I qualified as a life coach. I loved the training. It took me from really not liking myself or the person I saw in the mirror, to someone I liked a lot. I went on to train as a law of attraction practitioner and qualified in 2011 and in 2014 I qualified as an EFT master practitioner. I’ve been helping people all over the world achieve their goals and create a life they love since 2009 so I know my stuff. You can find out more about this work that I do at Wendy Tomlinson Coaching
So I had all of this training and experience behind me, so why couldn’t I apply this to my own goal of losing weight?
The answer was, I was following other people’s rules rather than following my own advice which I know works.
So at the beginning of 2015 I got to work on creating a 30-Day challenge for myself that would help me change my beliefs and the way I think about weight loss. I wanted to build in positive habits, at the same time work on my thoughts and beliefs so that my body and mind accepted them. I wanted to create a positive and natural approach to weight loss.
You see, through the coaching and EFT work that I do, I know that unless we get our mindset, SET TO POSITIVE, everything will always be a struggle and hard work. When we work on the mind as well as the goal we want to achieve, we set ourselves up to succeed and do it naturally.
In February 2015, I invited other people to join me on my 30-day weight loss challenge for FREE and you can still do that.
Join my FREE 30-Day Weight Loss Challenge
I completed the challenge 3 times in total and really noticed a big difference. I was feeling happier about my weight, I felt much more in control of what and when I was eating. I was walking regularly and I’d reduced the need to comfort eat. Not entirely, but things at this stage we’re definitely improving.
At the time of setting up this blog, on the 20th May 2015. Less than 6 months after my first ideas of creating a new and positive approach to weight loss, I have lost 1 stone 7 (taking my starting weight as 13 stone). My ideal weight is around 9 stone 5 pounds. Basically, I want to comfortably fit into size 12 clothes, feel healthy and fitter.
I know when I’m a size 12 I feel at my best.
A few things that have changes other than what it says on the scales.
- The ring on my finger is getting looser.
- My clothes are definitely getting looser and I’ve actually thrown a few things out.
- I had a really funny moment when after I’d been to the toilet, I went to pull my trousers up and realized I hadn’t even unzipped or unbuttoned them. I could easily get them up and down anyway. That was a sure sign I was losing weight.
- When I started, my belt was on the last hole and felt tight. It now sits comfortably on belt hole 2. I could go to hole 3 now, but it wouldn’t be comfortable when sitting.
- I’m now enjoying a (mostly) daily walk of 30 minutes plus. Most days I walk for about an hour now and enjoy it rather than it feeling like torture. I started off with a goal to walk to the end of my drive which is about 15 steps.
- I feel I’m eating better. Now I love my food so it was never going to be a few leaves of lettuce and a Ryvita for me. But I’ve learned that through planning ahead and listening to my body, my eating habits are changing.
- I can run up and down stairs comfortably 5-6 times in a row without collapsing in a heap (or feeling like I’m going to collapse). I can actually now push it up to 10 runs up the stairs and 10 walks down. Before I’d be out of breath just going up and down once and that really embarrassed me. I have a reason for my stair runs, but I’ll tell you about that in a blog post.
I’m sure there’s more that I can tell you but for now that’s me. I still have a way to go on my weight loss journey and that’s okay. It took me 14 years to put it on, I think the pace I’m saying “Goodbye” to it is good. I’m more than happy to take it easy.
I was never going to be someone to crash diet, I love my food too much and I was never going to be at the Gym every day. In fact, I have no desire to ever join a Gym again.
I love adding little bits of exercise into my day, so you’ll often catch me doing a few star jumps whilst I wait for a page to load on my computer (blessings of not having the best internet speeds where I live).
I hope that by sharing my own journey, tips… I’ll in some way help you take the easy road to weight loss too.
Here’s to being our ideal weight.
Be your very best friend and love your body, even if it’s not exactly as you want it right now.
P.S Come and chat with me on the blog. xx