I don’t know about you but just recently my snacking habit has been a big problem. I’ve fallen into some old ways of thinking and behaving that are really not helping me to achieve my ideal weight.
In this post, I want to share a few tips and an EFT script to help if this is something you’ve got going on too.
1. When are your trigger times for your snacking habit
For me, my trigger times are late afternoon and in the evening. Be aware if you have trigger times when you’re more likely to snack. I know that for me I’d switched into that zombie eating mindset. I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing.
So my first tip is to PAY ATTENTION and try to eat much more mindfully. Check out this blog post I wrote a while ago to help with mindful eating.
2. Be prepared for the snack attacks
I’ve tried banning snacks and in my experience, this just sets me up for a full-on binge eating session to the point of feeling really ill. Instead, be prepared with some healthy snacks, water and something to keep our mind off eating.
Here are a few ideas for healthy snacks
3. Ask yourself power questions
- Am I really hungry?
- Is the food that I’m choosing the best option?
- Will this help me to achieve my ideal weight?
- Is there a healthier alternative?
- Am I tired?
- Am I thirsty?
- Am I bored?
- Am I angry, upset, anxious…?
4. Switch on the positive thinking
Shift from thinking about snacking to positive thinking – I love to use affirmation to help me do this. Positive statements that will support us on our weight loss journey.
- I’m making positive, healthy changes to achieve my ideal weight
- I make healthy food choices now
- I eat to support my body
Check out more affirmations.
5. Kick back, relax and listen to a hypnosis download
Okay, I totally get that this isn’t always practical. If you can though, give it a try. There are some great free videos on YouTube. Just type in hypnosis for weight loss or even just relaxation hypnosis. I wrote a post on my favourite hypnosis downloads for weight loss.
6. EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques.
Earlier today I recorded a Facebook Live and I’ve included the replay here because I go through 3 rounds of EFT to clear any emotional attachment to snacking. Skip to 8.38 minutes if you want to go straight to the EFT session.
Watch the REPLAY
I really hope these tips help you out. Let me know, do you have a snacking habit? And share any tips that you have that help you.